|
"Tell Me Sweet Little Lies" Meredith: [voiceover] As doctors, we're trained to be skeptical, because our patients lie to us all the time. The rule is, every patient is a liar until proven honest. Lying is bad. Or so we are told constantly from birth - honesty is the best policy, the truth shall set you free, I chopped down the cherry tree, whatever. The fact is, lying is a necessity. We lie to ourselves because the truth, the truth freaking hurts.
George: I’m putting my foot down, either the dog moves out or I do. Foot, down, now. Me or the dog, which is it?... You hesitated! She hesitated! Izzie: You hesitated? Meredith: I didn’t hesitate, I was thinking. George: You have to think about it? Fine, I’m moving out right now. [Runs into Dr. Bailey] Later, I’m moving out later. Right now, I have rounds.
Sophie: [to George] Ooh, an Irishman! I love the Irish. They have a sparkle, you can see it in the eye, and the swagger. O’Malley, show me the swagger. [George walks] The eyes are right, but you’ll have to work on the swagger.
Cristina: You want to be me, but you can't be me. You want to be me, but you... [looks sick] Izzie: Crap. She's gonna blow.
Cristina: We're in an elevator. That's your specialty, right? McDreamy moments in elevators? Derek: Dr. Yang... Cristina: You know what? For just a moment, I’m not Dr. Yang and you’re not Dr. Shepherd. You’re the guy who screwed up my friend. The guy who drove her to get a dog she can't keep, the dog she only got because her boyfriend lied to her about his wife. Derek: I never lied to her. Cristina: You know, I know a liar when I see one because I am a liar. You want me to lie to the patient? Fine, I'll lie.
George: You know I would keep you here if I could. Sophie: No, darling, you can't waste any more time with me. You have to go balls out with the dog. George: Excuse me? Sophie: So she chose an animal over you. Women are fools, that's old news. But life's too short for you to give in, Irish. So fight, you fight for what's yours.
Izzie: [to Alex, after he passed his exam] Congratulations, you're not an idiot. Except when you are being an idiot.
Bailey: I may be forty-seven weeks pregnant. I may be on bed rest. I may not be able to see my own feet. But I am Dr. Bailey. I hear every thing. I know every thing. I’m watching each and every one of you. And I will return.
George [to Meredith]: You don't get to choose. I know you've been going through a bad time. I know you miss Shepherd. And I know that your life has, admittedly, been pretty unpleasant these days. You get points for breathing in and out. You get to be a little selfish. But you don't get to choose a dog over me... I'm George. I sleep down the hall from you. I buy your tampons. I have held your hand, every time you asked. I've earned the right to be seen. To be respected. To not have you think of me, as less than a dog that you got at the pound. So, I'm not moving out. Whether you like it or not, I'm staying.
Meredith: [voiceover] No matter how hard we try to ignore or deny it, eventually the lies fall away, whether we like it or not. But here's the truth about the truth: It hurts. So we lie.
VOLTAR
|